- Barrister, Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Outstanding Minority Bar Leader Award from the Dallas Bar Association, 2001
- Sustaining Life Fellow Texas Bar Foundation
State Bar of Texas
- Member, Board of Director, District 6 (Dallas), Place 1 (2013-2016)
- Member, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, 2015-2016
- Member, State Bar of Texas Committee on Laws Relating to Immigration & Nationality (2009-present)
- Member, State Bar of Texas International Law Section
Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Board of Trustees (2016-2019)
Dallas Bar Association
- Secretary/Treasurer (2006)
- Board of Directors (2007-2009)
- Chair, International Law Section (2009-2012)
- Chaired the following DBA Committees:
- Legal Line Committee
- Summer Law Intern Committee
- Law Day Committee
- Admissions & Membership Committee
- Community Symposium for Justice in Education Planning Committee
- Judicial Investiture Committee
- Speakers Committee
- Judiciary Committee
- Minority Participation Committee
- Continuing Legal Education Committee
American Immigration Lawyers Association
American Bar Association
Publications and Speeches
“Essentials of Immigration Law” State Bar of Texas, Solo and Small Firm Program, Frisco, Texas January, 2016
“Agency and Distribution in the United States”, Presented to the International Chamber of Commerce, Milan, Italy, June 22, 2016
“Essentials of Immigration Law” State Bar of Texas, Solo and Small Firm Program, The Woodlands, Texas September, 2015
“Visa Options for International Entertainers and Athletes.” Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, 2010.
“The I-9 Form: Walking the Employment Verification Tightrope” present to the Dallas Bar Association, June 8, 2012
“Aspectos Legales Y Prácticos En Relación con El Desarrollo de Oportunidades De Negocio En Los Estados Unidos” presented to ProMexico trade mission group, Dallas, Texas April 23, 2012.
“Immigration Fundamentals: Immigration and Related Employment Law Issues” presented to the Dallas Area Paralegals Association, May 14, 2010.
“Intellectual Property Issues for Manufacturers’ Representatives Working in the United States” presented to the IUCAB Legal Working Group, Birmingham, England, November 13, 2009.
“Immigration Fundamentals: Immigration and Related Employment Law Issues” presented to the Dallas Area Paralegals Association, September 23, 2009.
“Good News in Public Education”, presented at the 7th Annual DBA Symposium for Justice in Education, October 9, 2009.
“Developing a Law Practice”, presented to the Dallas Bar Association, February 28, 2008
- Dallas Independent School District’s Alternative Certification Program, Advisory Committee, 2006-2008, Committee Secretary, 2006-2008
- Board Member, Friend of Fair Park, 2011-2014
- President, St. Patrick Church Parish Council 2014-2015
- University of Arkansas Alumni Association, President of Dallas Chapter, 1996-2000
- Red Cross, Dallas Chapter, Board of Directors, 1996-1997